As you explore your characters, you might discover that many of their conflicts and obstacles are created by their inability to live authentically.
Your characters may hide parts of themselves due to fear or trauma, or a desire to avoid conflict or protect a loved one. They might not even be aware of what they’re hiding.
For today, ask a few questions about your protagonist and main characters:
- What truth about himself does your protagonist – or any character – have difficulty facing?
- What feelings does your protagonist have trouble experiencing and accepting?
- What promise has your hero made to herself or others and failed to keep?
- What’s preventing your protagonist from overcoming these weaknesses and living authentically?
- What will it take for your hero to break bad patterns and how will doing so help them achieve their tangible goal?